Monday, November 28, 2005

Yeah well...

I've been tagged to do this (I sugggest you read it first) by my dearest, bestest, closest friend Gobaz, and I simply couldn't refuse him.... could I??? ;)

And since I'm apparently supposed to prove that I AM a true IITian, I'll try to put forth the best description of the stereotypical IITian

1. IIT LINGO ROCKS! It is THE most functional language ever discovered. Why say football when footer would suffice? And OBLY, there can be NO English word which can adequately substitute for RG or CUPPED. And DON'T even get me started on the unbelievable multi-functionality of 'puteetz'. I can keep going like this about other words which are now an intrinsic part of my vocabulary... so let's stop.
2. I don't say "Stop talking" or "Shut up" or "I know better" or any such lame thing. The phrase currently in vogue is "JUST cock up" with a sufficient emphasis on and pause after 'just'. It is so incisive, like you are scything through the dumb thing the other guy just said.
3. My LOWEST level of swearing is f***... and from then, it increases exponentially with suitable adjectives added as the situation warrants.
4. Crash! Bang! Clang! Growl! Roar! is still my favourite type of music. I'm sorry, but nothing else gets me high than a guitarist at full speed, a drummer at full blast and a singer at full pitch.
5. As hard as I try to study non-stop the day before the exam or a quiz, sometimes I just give up and lie back and wonder about the futility of it all. And ask the common question that EVERY IITian would've asked himself at some point of time- "WHAT am I doing here??!"
6. I'm more nocturnal than a bat. So what if the Dean came up with the brilliant idea of severing the Internet by 1 o'clock? I'll watch a movie from 1 to 3...
7. Breakfast is a meal which has disappeared from my eating habits. Mostly I wake up just in time to unload my bowels and rush to class... or I wake up after the mess has closed!
8. I CAN'T live without my laptop. The first two things I open as soon as I wake up are my eyes and my laptop... not necessarily in that order!
9. I bathe two days a week (just above average, I think).
10. I find classes INCREDIBLY boring. As soon as I sit in one of them, the yawns just keep coming. And don't say it's cos I don't sleep. I crash well enough in the afty.
11. I hate the mess. It's one thing here which lives up to its name. Every time I eat a little fillingly in the mess, I start getting acid-smelling burps and... stuff. You know...
12. I drink tea and not coffee in the mess (I don't know how this is stereotyping an IITian... I think we are split right down the middle w.r.t that)
13. My Favourite Time of the Year is SAARANG!!! Am I an IITian or WHAT!
14. The first time I went to our gigantic library was to take my ID card photo... it was the last time as well.
15. I slip into English much more often than Tamil... but then, more appropriately, I slip into IIT lingo, and not English :)
16. I watch Champions League matches from 1 to 3... in the night.
17. FIFA 2005 ROCKS!!! and Career Mode in that rocks even more.
18. And finally, to say the same thing as Gobaz, I respond easier to "duckman", "ducky", "ducker" and all other such variations than Anand :)

I rest my case.

Should I tag someone??? Dharik, Spanky, CB... anyone would do.

3 comments:

AG said...

he he he he he he he he.. I knew this would be interesting to read.. Thats why I tagged you!

SpankMac said...

nice! i'm inspired..

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Whoa, stud. You know my stance on IIT guys... especially the ones who possess the you-know-what... :-) Er... your post almost made me change my mind! ;-) Almost... Not quite!