Wednesday, November 16, 2005

And so, the world still goes around

You know what they say about life being stranger than fiction? Clearly those who said it KNEW what they were talking about. If this was a movie, the two incidents would probably have been sequenced side by side (as it DID actually happen)... maybe taken in reverse chronlogy, Memento style!

I mean, there is my life, going on as it is, with nothing much in it. And then this first thing happens. I mean it's one of those things you know. Boom, boom, boom they hit you and then when you're where nothing MORE can hit you, Boom, boom, they go again :). And by then you're pretty much convinced that all of life AND its artillery is lined up right against you.

And then there's this other guy... I barely know him, I'm dumping him with what I myself can see is a very unfair amount of work this time of the semester and he cheerfully does all of it, comes back and says "It's done."
Me: "Sorry Man, I had no choice."
Him: "No Problem! Cya..."
And then you realize why the world still goes around, why it still rains in Chennai and why there is still hope for this world...

18 comments:

AG said...

Adi.. touchings of India!! Whats the BOOM BOOM BOOM?? Mr.Sports-sec? Acads? I give up...

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Boom Boom Boom. I've done my share. Are you sure it is only two guys, though? :-) And btw. Couldn't help but notice. New name for the Blog. Er... Don't know what to say. (And you know me, I usually have plenty to say!)

Ducky said...

Yeah Gobaz, give up, you won't get it...
Manasi, I said two INCIDENTS... one had only one guy, I didn't mention no. of people in the other. Hmm, yeah amazing that YOU got tongue-tied, but let's say I expected that.

Manasi Subramaniam said...

I kind of figured that you were going for the whole split personality thing there... maybe I was wrong..?

Ducky said...

yeah, you were wrong... I was my whole self and these two things were just happenin in the same time-frame... I AM actually a very simple person... too simple as it turns out...

AG said...

Adiii.. dialogue laam adikkarae..

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Shoot. I know about only one then.

Shazz said...

Well in that case, you're one step ahead of me. :)

Anonymous said...

Enna da..? what guy..? am slisha bulbing..

Anonymous said...

And ya..maiden inspired title...?

Ducky said...

Ok all, it IS meant to be a vague-ax post... it's ok if y'all bulb, GEN I put down crap... don't read too much into it. :)

Ya CB man, title Maiden-Inspired... I seem to have this thing for songs :)

SpankMac said...

(don't need to mention that this post had ME bulbing..)

so who's this cheerful guy

P.S. note that in the process of mentioning the fact that, that this post had me bulbing need not be mentioned, i mentioned it.

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Ha ha. Excellent. I don't feel quite so foolish now. :-)

Ducky said...

Spanks,
Cheerful guy was one IP vol da.. 10 hostels, one guy, thas why I was impressed!

Manasi,
you don't feel foolish now cos everyone ELSE(notably...) is also bulbing? Or cos of my "disclaimer"!

Manasi Subramaniam said...

I don't feel so stupid because I am bulbing LESS than everyone else! :-) And btw. Who is the cheerful guy in layman's terms?

AG said...

Actually all throughout shaastra, MRP used to send his 2 vols alone to do the work!.. considering the fact that his day's co-coords were junta like 'bunty', I guess his vols wudve been used to the work.. Still I know... Its irritating.. But I've done 6-7 hostels at a time for OQ last year..

Ducky said...

Ajit,
"all throughout" is wrong. And who cares if YOU did 6-7 hostels for OQ??? This guy did TEN, and it can be safely said he NEEDN'T have cos IP system has disbanded...nyway...

Manasi,
IP vo expands to Internal Publicity Volunteer... guy who goes around putting up notices in hostels and TRUST ME it's a painful job.

Manasi Subramaniam said...

So who is this guy? And why do you IITians have short forms and abbreviations for EVERYTHING?