Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Crush of Love

Seeing as it is the season for writing poems, I thought I should too, having not written a single poem in all of my previous 53 posts. Besides, if love can't inspire poetry, what can, eh?

Having known her all my life,
She never gave cause for strife.
Fate destined she be mine own
Seeds of love, in my heart sown.

Tonic she was for all my cares,
As we talked of Bulls and Bears.
End of night or start of day,
Somehow she just had her way.

She's the one that's caused my dreams,
While with her, time flies, it seems.
And we go far, far and wide
All the time, she by my side.

Now that we are together
All that I did to get her,
Vanish like dew from leaves' face
When faced by the solar rays.

Like Lennon said - Imagine,
I do too, had she not been.
Aimless nomad been I might
If not with her every night,

As I fall in her embrace
Childish smile across my face,
Being with her, calm and deep,
How I love my Beauty sleep.

Thank You.

9 comments:

themiddler said...

Hey very nice, especially in terms of discipline i.e rhyme and meter.

Surely your legion of fans will fall for this.[:P]

themiddler said...

Also nee feel panradha paatha enakku feelinga irukku. You see, there is no such thing as a free lunch and there is no such thing as a free commitment. Konjam adjust pannanum saar!

AG said...

Ah, you were writing this in Chemistry class? Might go well with the existing tune.. Whatsay?..

And, Joe Sat inspiration? 'Crush of love...'

Ducky said...

Middle,
Enna da commitment? My sleep is what I'm in love with! :)

Ajit,
Yeah, Chemistry class. It'll fit? And yeah, Joe Sat only...

nivi said...

hey... very nice... made that out that it was abt sleep only.. and got reassured after readin the comments... real good one!:)

Shazz said...

Hmmm... So... the inspiration for this was.... sleep... is it?? :D Or anybody er... anything else in particular??

themiddler said...

Ooops! Stand corrected!

Ducky said...

Nivi,
Thank you, was written while sleepy too :P

Ani,
Inspired by sleep. And sleeping. With those anybodys you mentioned ;)

Middle,
Is ok... Err is human, and all :)

nivi said...

ha ha... sittin in class means mentally sleeping most of the times... thats an implied condition.. so....